In March 2015, we transformed the market into a grocery "store." While the items are still free, our friends in Cedar Grove can now roam the market with their "personal shopper" and select items. The response has been overwhelming positive and attendance is growing! Allowing the community to select what it wants or needs gives dignity; its gives respect; it gives joy.
We need volunteers and food items to make this happen each week. Come on Thursday night about 5:15 and get to know our friends in Cedar Grove as you help them make their way through the market. You will be surprised by how much joy it gives you too!
If you can't join at the center, we can always use food for our pantry. We give out a small bag of groceries to over a 100 households each week. Your donation of food items would allow us to use our financial resources for other needs and provide what our friends need to make it through the week. Our most needed items are listed below.
Food Drive Items
- Protein: Tuna, peanut butter, spaghetti and meatballs, ravioli, lasagna, soups,
- Grains: Cereal (whole grain, individual), rice, pasta, dried beans
- Canned Vegetable and Fruits: Any kind; 100% juice and juice boxes
- Kid-friendly items: Pudding cups, granola bars, graham and/or animal crackers
- Baby Products: Diapers, wipes, formula, infant cereal
- Hygiene Items: Feminine products, hand sanitizer, toothbrushes, soap, shaving items
- Paper Products: Toilet tissue, paper towels, etc.
- Misc: Laundry Detergent; Spices; Cornbread Mix; Catsup, Mayo, Mustard